Example of Color Correction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
In looking at some of the videos posted, I thought I would share a version of some of the color correction I am doing on a current project. This video shows the subtle, and sometimes NOT so subtle amounts of color correction that happen scene by scene when correcting video.

mms://199.242.67.132/tapirssplit

Enjoy.

wow.... what a (schweet) difference - do you just 'eyeball' the changes w/white balance or what's your magic trick to get such good colours?

geez.. I forgot that was there. The Vectorscope is your friend. It can tell you where colors are shifted. So I spend a lot of time getting things "close" with the 3-way color corrector, color balance, etc, and then eyeball the final colors to get what I want. It's time consuming, but the results can be stunning.

yea... i know what you mean, i don't get to peruse SCUBABOARD as much as i used to, but i sure appreciate the answer.... i've poked around the VECTRASCOPE but i think having the magic "eye" is the real key.... POST PRODUCTION is truly an art.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom