EVO Boots fin size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brandon

Shop Independent Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all - I just received my Fusion today with EVO boots - a little bummed because they won't fit in my favorite fins... oh well, I kind of thought that would happen.

What size Jet Fin would someone wear with a size 10 EVO boot? (Thinking XXL Jet or XXL Turtle...)

Thanks!

-Brandon.

I have size 10 EVO 3 boots.

XXL Jets will work fine as will XXL OMS Slipstreams.

Of the two, I prefer the OMS Slipstreams as they fit just a bit better. The XXL Jet Fin is just a bit too big (and the XL Jet Fin is way too small.)

Cool, thanks! I tried shoving it in a buddy's XL Jet tonight and that didn't work for crap... I can probably find an XXL jet to use until I get whatever fins I order in.

Are you using the spring straps, and if so, what size?

-B

I knew you'd ask that. I played musical brands and sizes for awhile until I got it right.

I'll have to measure them tonight when I get home.

The answer was 2xl OMS Slipstream with 12" spring straps.

Holy hell the fins are big. I have tough calves, but damn... that's some real estate to move around. They make my large IDI Frog Foot fins feel like splits =)

I might start looking for a smaller boot so I can wear an XL fin - I don't think I need a 2XL, it's just what fits the boot! A two size increase seems a bit extreme...

-B

The blade size on the XL and XXL slipstreams is the same. Same with XL and XXL Jets. I never noticed the extra muscle needed with the larger blade, mostly because I switched to them from Power Plana Graphite fins. THOSE were fins that needed muscle. Give it a dozen dives or so and you will feel right at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom