everdry 4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coppergod

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought an everdry 4 by scubapro. (It's the suit I really liked). However, I'm looking for reassurance with my sizes.
I tried on the large relaxed with a climatec lightweight undersuit and thought it fitted ok. I then tried an XL relaxed with a heavier two piece(think it was an arctic). It also seemed ok, few creases on the legs thought they straightened out when I crouched down. My concern is I would probably wear the the thinner undersuit (I know I should have tried it with this)
Was wondering if I may have gone too large as I bought the XL relaxed. The shop assistant reckoned it was the one to go for. I'm 6ft tall and weigh roughly 90 kg.34 waist. as I say, I'm worried it will be too big, not for comfort but how well il dive with it. I'm currently diving in Scotland.
Apologies for this thread, I know it's an individual thing but if anyone can offer advice on this suits suitability for my sizes. Thanks

Richard Lovell

Hi! I'm sorry not to give you an answer to your question. Did you experience the suit being "big" for it's size? My friend is currently looking into getting himself an Everdry 4. He's about 5' 11", but really skinny at 145lbs... He figured the medium would be the way to go. A large suit would probably be a bit overkill?

Hi! I'm sorry not to give you an answer to your question. Did you experience the suit being "big" for it's size? My friend is currently looking into getting himself an Everdry 4. He's about 5' 11", but really skinny at 145lbs... He figured the medium would be the way to go. A large suit would probably be a bit overkill?

About a month ago I saw an ad on Craigslist selling an Everdry 4 for a really good price. I contacted the person and he immediately asked me what my measurements were. I told him 5'9" and 195 lbs. He basically told me it wouldn't fit me, that these suits are known to run small, not large. He said he was 5'11 165lbs and the suit was not big on him. I really got the impression from the conversation that if you're going to buy this suit you better be on the slim side. Just my 2 cents.

About a month ago I saw an ad on Craigslist selling an Everdry 4 for a really good price. I contacted the person and he immediately asked me what my measurements were. I told him 5'9" and 195 lbs. He basically told me it wouldn't fit me, that these suits are known to run small, not large. He said he was 5'11 165lbs and the suit was not big on him. I really got the impression from the conversation that if you're going to buy this suit you better be on the slim side. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, just what I was waiting for. I'll let my friend know. The Everdry 4 is pretty cheap compared to most other brands (at least over here), so he was a little concerned about the quality... seems like a good bang-for-the-buck entry level suit.

Thanks, just what I was waiting for. I'll let my friend know. The Everdry 4 is pretty cheap compared to most other brands (at least over here), so he was a little concerned about the quality... seems like a good bang-for-the-buck entry level suit.

They seem to be able to be found HERE on Alibaba.com, so I'm thinking someone *might* be getting these at a really good price directly from China.

Hopefully they're still being held up to ScubaPro's standards.

By the way I didn't mention on my last post the seller was selling a size "LARGE" drysuit.

Yeah, probably.
Thanks again, it's been real helpful:)

As I said I'm 5'11" and around 195 lb. The xl is needed here at least. I ended up with the xl <relaxed >which is (after trying it out) slightly large around the waist and legs, however it allows for more flexibility especially if using heavier undergarments. An xl would be good for warmer waters. Where do you use your drysuits??

As I said I'm 5'11" and around 195 lb. The xl is needed here at least. I ended up with the xl <relaxed >which is (after trying it out) slightly large around the waist and legs, however it allows for more flexibility especially if using heavier undergarments. An xl would be good for warmer waters. Where do you use your drysuits??
You've got a solid 50lbs on my friend:wink: He has a rather slender build, but the suit will still have to fit his height.
We use our drysuits primarily here in Norway. On a hot summer day you'll probably do fine in a thicker wetsuit, as I've seen some divers do, but for now I'll stick to my drysuit all season. I do have a 6mm wet for "holiday diving", and if the temperature permits, I'll give it a try this summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom