Everdry 4 drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I took the leap and went from semi dry (lots a wet) to the Scubapro everyday 4 crushed neoprene suit. I've been looking at undergarments and am not sure what to get. I usually dive 42 - 50 degree water and was fine in the Hollis Nortec semi dry 8mm at around 33 degrees so I don't chill easily. I was considering using my under armour cold gear leggings and top as a base layer to wick away moisture and a fleece top for my core.

Anyone have any experience with this suit?

Thanx

my wife and I just bought the same suit. I found the Immersion Research suits on line and ordered them. VERY nice undergarment. And pretty warm also. We haven't had them in the ocean yet, but from the feel and fit they seem to be the cats meow.

Men's Union Suit - Immersion Research

The neoprene drysuits offer more insulation and therfore less thermal protection is required. I cant tell you if your setup will be enough, but from what you have described I think you are close. Just go diving and decide for yourself.

OK so I dove 53 degree water today at 65 ft for about 12 minutes after breaking down and buying a lava core top and used Nike dri fit running tights with the Everdry4. I felt a little chill but nothing dive ending, though my legs were surprisingly fine. I was hovering watching students measure a wreak for a while but once I stared moving I warmed up.
I think the under armour wouldn't have cut it for my core especial since I was sweaty walking with my gear to the dock at the quarry. It does wick away moisture but I think being so thin it would have been saturated quickly. I will try a moisture wicking shirt under the lava core for tomorrows 90 foot dive

Back
Top Bottom