Layering with Meshtec undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Had a chance to try out Meshtec 3d vest this summer with my normal fleece layers. I wore it over my mid layer with my outer layer on top. It was an addition rather than a replacement. Really liked everything about it.

Y'all may recall I had posted about "cold spots" on my core earlier this season. Well, this vest was the last link to solving that problem.

Anyhow, I've decided to replace at least one of my fleece layers with the Meshtec undergarment trousers and shirt.

Initial plan is to wear my base layer (wicking single layer leggings and ls shirt) then the Meshtec layer followed by my fleece.

Then I got to thinking that the vest went over my fleece midlayer perhaps there would be benefit to putting the undergarments over my mid-layer as well. Of course that thought led to wondering about wearing it over all my fleece layers and whether there's be any tangible benefit to that.

For those that wear Meshtec, how do you layer?

For the rest of us, what are your thoughts to the pros and cons of the various layering scenarios?

I use the mesh tech as the top layer with heavy wool as the base, if I expect colder temps I’ll add a waffle/grid fleece layer between.

Back
Top Bottom