Ever wonder why your carry on gets searched

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to disassemble my rig going through Beijing and show the inspector how everything worked. I think it was more for him than security.
Oddly enough going through Amman, Jordan the guy just looked at the screen and said "Scuba" while giving me a thumbs up.
On another note, I went through London Heathrow with my bagpipes years ago and had guns leveled at me as they went through the x-ray. But that was right after Lockerbea.
So I assume you carry a small wrench in your carry on? Never traveled with any dive gear other han my reg, TIA.

So I assume you carry a small wrench in your carry on? Never traveled with any dive gear other han my reg, TIA.

I only finger tighten my regs.

I have flown 6X this year with all my gear in my carryon and I have been search 6X. 😂 It’s the regs and hoses each time. In Miami, they even called out what it was and confirmed it with me and said even though they know what it is, they had to pull it out and visually see it.

I one had the person running the video say, "Cool, I gotta see this!" This was in regard to my double hose....

I have flown 6X this year with all my gear in my carryon and I have been search 6X. 😂 It’s the regs and hoses each time. In Miami, they even called out what it was and confirmed it with me and said even though they know what it is, they had to pull it out and visually see it.
Lol. This has never happened to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom