Ever seen divers getting agro under water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

getting aggressive under water?

About 30 years ago I saw a diver, perhaps in his mid 20's (like we all were) go on a "reef rampage". This young man went along a reef tearing off every sponge, coral, and anything else he could get his hands on. It was all in an aggresssive manner. The dive master idea was not yet common, and there was little to stop this nut. I considered pulling the cord on his BC, as they had CO2 cartridges then, to send him up. That might have made me the trouble maker.

Back on the boat I asked him what he was doing, and the guy sat there sullen and would not respond. I don't recall he did any of that on the second dive. This was back when Cancun was a new place, and the crew did no speak enough English for me to get my idea across.

Surprizingly, I was the only person on the boat that noticed, or cared enough to notice. I have never seen anything similar since.

Urban Dictionary: agro[/url]

N

Excellent. Language is a static form of communication. It never evolves and cannot be modified.

How come you didn't post in Sanskrit? Slumming it today I see?

An excellent case for solo diving.............undisturbed peace and quiet.
Until some moron comes up behind you and starts tugging on your fins. In fact, I believe the OP in the thread referenced in post #1 was solo diving.

NudeDiver:
The post you quoted was about "agro" - your response was about "argo". I don't see the connection between the two.

Thanks, I had not noticed I made a typo in dictionary.com.

agro - No results found for agro:

Thanks, I had not noticed I made a typo in dictionary.com.

agro - No results found for agro:
No sweat :)

I thought the OP was maybe using "agro" as short hand for "agoraphobia" until I got the gist of what he was talking about from the thread. I had no idea "agro" has anything to do with getting pissed off either. I guess "agro" is the new "postal" :)

Actually, I believe 'agro' predates 'postal; it has been in surfer slang since the mid 70's at least. "Dude, chill out, no need to go agro on me".

If you wear blue color fins, I'd knife you.
If you wear a jacket BC, I'd knife you.
If you wear a snorkel, I'd knife you.

:rofl3: :blinking:Guess I am a goner if I were to go diving with you FN. :blinking: :rofl3:

My buddy and I were doing valve and air sharing drills when some idiot came over to us, grabbed me and spun me around. He shook his finger at me, as if to say, "No! No! No!"

I pushed him aside and turned to face my buddy again. Again I signalled "Share Air" to my buddy and the idiot grabbed me, spun me around again and started shaking me hard while waving his finger in my face.

Once again I pushed him away and turned to face my buddy. The idiot grabbed me a third time, tried to spin me around and shook his finger in my face, "No! No!"

I made a fist and motioned that I was going to punch him in the face and he finally backed off.

That's pretty aggressive behavior in my book. Turns out he was some freak who thought it was his job to supervise and rescue everybody. He didn't think it was appropriate to manipulate your valves underwater and tried to "save" me from myself.

Back
Top Bottom