Ever Rent a Timeshare Directly from the Share Owner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
My daughter thinks we should spend a couple of nights at a Hyatt time share resort outside of San Antonio, and the AAA rate for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo is about $350/night, paid at time of booking, no refunds for cancellation within 14 days. I think some good, cheap trip insurance might be in order there with 5 people involved, all or none.

Looking for specials on the property, I see we could get it for $199/night if they did the sales tour. Nice discount, and I guess they're adult enough to say "No thanks, we're just here for the discount - bye!" But then I found where an owner will rent by the night.

In case it matters, we're looking at Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
- wildoakranch.hyatt.com and it's 3 adults, 2 kids. Two bedrooms will work okay I think.

I may not be clear on how this works or correct on the price, but it looks like $120/night for the 2/2? I suppose it'd be save to pay him with paypal and count on things going well. Getting the same room down from $700+ to $400 plus is very appealing, and I can see where it could possibly be reasonably offered at that rate.

Am I missing something or in for rude surprised...??

thanks!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom