Ever heard of Monterey Bay custom drysuits???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neonstingray

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I stumbled across this custom drysuit that's almost exactly my size and the price is still pretty low. Thing is, I've never heard of the company and a quick search on here and google didn't reveal anything, so I'm a little concerned. Also, the seller says it's a "crushed" neoprene suit, but judging by the pictures I'm really doubting it. Can anyone tell me about this drysuit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Monterey-Bay-Cu...ryZ73994QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Btw, within 22 hours would be useful lol....

Austin

Well I messaged the guy and found out it's actually just a 7mm suit. How much do you guys think it's worth?

Monterey bay makes very high quality gear. They're still in business: Monterey Bay Wetsuits 207 Hoffman Ave., Monterey, CA. (408) 375-7848

You might ask them what it sold for and what they charge to refurbish it. I'd guess it went for a thousand to fifteen hundred new.

Thanks guys. So should I expect this suit to make a big price jump closer to the auction close? Or do you think it will tend to stay low since it's meant for tall skinny people? I'm 5'10" but only about 135 pounds. Whenever I spot a good deal on a drysuit to try out, it's never for my size. On the other hand though, it seems that the suits for skinny people tend to sell for less. I'm guessing because the demand is lower?

Austin

Hey Thalassamania, why would it need to be refurbished?

Austin

Might not, worst possible case (that's my approach to eBay).

It's mine It's mine! $227, please tell me this was a good deal...

Btw Thalassamania, the page said practically new / perfect condition, and I have 3 days to return it otherwise if not. So I don't think I'd find myself stuck having to refurbish it. Maybe I'm speaking too soon though, as I've already dealt with some of those people who give ebay a bad rep.

Austin

I think that you got a GREAT deal, I'm turning green with envy, both at your purchase and the fact that you've clearly slimmer than I am!

Don't worry Thalassamania,
I'm only 20, so I just haven't reached the day when my metabolism stops and I only realize it the next day after consuming the dooms-day cookie.

Austin

Back
Top Bottom