european destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antmany2k

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi i am looking for some advice on some good diving locations in Europe. preferably cheap flights and accommodation (leaves more money for diving) looking at around £400-£500 per person but can go higher for the right place. so other considerations:

time of year: looking at early November as my dive buddy can't get away in the summer

qualification: both padi advanced open water (30m qualification)

Water temp: 22+ degrees, i am a walking furnace so doesn't bother me but we went to Lanzarote in mid December and my buddy was barely able to keep warm despite a thermal vest and 7mm long wetsuit. (i just had a 5mm shortie) (maybe i just need a new buddy lol)

sea life: now we both qualified in the red sea so we were a little bit spoiled with the amazing wildlife and colorful reefs. i know we won't get that level of beauty in Europe but id like a little colour (lanzarote was very grey) also i would love to see sharks or dolphins or anything big but its not essential. we do like a wreck as well so locations of good wrecks would be good.

exclusions: basically because we have been there and want somewhere new:
Gozo - loved the inland shore and azure window/blue whole as well as the p31 wreck off comino, not so keen on the treacherous walk across high cliffs to get to dive sites whilst in full kit. also getting stung by a jellyfish and a fireworm wornt particularly pleasant
Lanzarote - some good wrecks and saw an angel shark but other than that it was fairly bland but the trip was more aimed at us getting our advanced qualification.

so admittedly its probably quite a fussy list of specifications but any suggestions would be great

22+C? In November? Maybe, and just maybe, Turkey and African coast. For the rest of your conditions,I'll let someone more experienced to step in. Croatia has some nice wrecks, but not sure how good they are for you.

Thanks. Well it was 20/21c in lanzarote. I think I could sell that to him but he will refuse anything below 20 (which has is a shame as I'd love to try some diving in cold waters but that's another story)

Last edited:
I've never been but a friend of mine raved about the canary islands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom