Eugene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trying to find out information about how to set up a dive at Eugene Quarry. I was there several years ago when I did my checkout dives with Scuba Down Under in Sedalia.

I believe the quarry is run by a shop out of Jeff City and the contact person is "Jeff". Anybody have any other information? I can't seem to find a webpage for the shop in Jeff City.

Snagel

Scuba Adventure,
Official Scuba Adventure website

Jeff Adams
901 jefferson St.
Jefferson City, MO 65101

(573)634-DIVE (3483)

contact him before going down.

sat Image, can use this to get directions to sight.
Google Maps

The first two Quarries (the top two) are most dove and have platforms, entrances, lines etc. the third quarry is rarely dove as the entrance is muddy and kind of a pain.

The first quarries (with the boat on it) has a squished car (car crusher) and two platforms. and various smaller odds and ends.

The second quarry has a non squished car, pay telephone on the east wall, large conduit you can dive through, boat, motorcycle frame, and various tidbits.

If you go around the edge of either you will see slag piles that create shelters for the few fish and several Crawdads. There are some friendly fish in both and if you dive the "back" quarry (also known as the Second) when you come out come up the wal to the little shelf at the entry and you can get up close and personal with lots of little fish. They spook relatively easily but they return quickly, they are used to divers.

Thanks for the information. As I said in the earlier post I was there doing my check out dives for my open water cert a few years ago. I'd like to go back and check things out since I couldn't really while taking the class.

Thanks again for the information.

Snagel

no problem. let me know if you want company when you trip down there. it is not far for me.

Back
Top Bottom