Ethics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Now that UEMIS is out of business, some people are trying to unload their SDAs on eBay and probably other places as well. I've looked through all of the eBay listings, and none of them mention UEMIS going out of business. Is it ethical to try to sell the SDA without disclosing that UEMIS is no longer in business?

I did notice that so far there are no bids for any of them.

Just wonderin',

Ron

My approach to buying anything on eBay is caveat emptor, and I'd assume anyone else would do the same.

With that said, I do make a habit of stating why I'm selling something - don't ever use it, replaced it, it's a PITA for me - but that's not out of altruism, it's because that's a question people have, and it makes my item more attractive.

I'm not gonna hate on the people trying to unload their computer, before they can't unload it. As far as I can tell, eBay has a direct lineage from the Wild West.

All the best, James

To play devil's advocate, on the other, people willing to spend several hundred dollars on that kind of thing should probably take the time to get some info about the SDA... Which would lead to where we are...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom