Ethics of shooting a "diver"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well...a lot can happen in 8 months. So....as a matter of fact a certain SB member was on the dock a couple months ago...and this guy swung a weight belt at him. Now, the SB member is about 6' 7" and he beat the snot outta Grouch, right on the dock for all to see. Everyone present for my altercation called me gleefully to report the fight. We did not talk about it much because the beater upper is a mild mannered polite man and did not want any publicity. But secretly...he is everyone's local hero now and deserves an award of some kind.

It has been long enough that I feel I can now speak freely about this happy event without being in poor taste.

I might post his picture randomly in another thread, just for fun..he is underwater getting ready to tackle me...very amusing.

:popcorn: :rofl3: Don't know who did the Grouch correction but WAY TO GO IDAHO!!! Glad to know that no harm came to a boardie. I hate :mooner: 's. It's over but I must agree, the "Laying on of hands" is assault. If you ever encounter such a situation again, have the jerk arrested, that should settle him a bit.

catherine96821:
well...a lot can happen in 8 months. So....as a matter of fact a certain SB member was on the dock a couple months ago...and this guy swung a weight belt at him. Now, the SB member is about 6' 7" and he beat the snot outta Grouch, right on the dock for all to see.

Whoa...he swung a weightbelt at a guy who's 6'7"...what in the world caused that reaction (and I'm glad he met the "wrong guy" at last).

catherine96821:
It has been long enough that I feel I can now speak freely about this happy event without being in poor taste.

I might post his picture randomly in another thread, just for fun..he is underwater getting ready to tackle me...very amusing.

Catherine, you are hardly shy, so just post the pix on this thread where we can see it. It's hardly slander, but if he is wearing something associated with his business name, you could use a bit of PSCS magic to blur that out just in case! :eyebrow:

This was a very interesting read. It even got me to do a search. I found a nice write-up from an attorney about photographing others:

http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf

Here are a couple tidbits from the aforementioned link:

"The general rule in the United States is that anyone may take photgraphs of whatever they want when they are in a public place or places where they have permission to take photgrpahs."

"Members of the public have a very limited scope of privacy rights when they are in public places. Bascially, anyone can be photographed without their consent except when they have secluded themselves in places where they have a reasonalbe expectation of privacy such as dressing rooms, restrooms, medical facilities, and inside their homes."

DBailey:

Good reference which does a great job of covering the basics. I used to carry that with me.

Taking photo's, and publishing photo's are two different things. Also money talks. If you take a photo of Tom Cruise, put it on your website, and he does not like it and threatens to sue, than you have two choices. Go to battle with a guy worth $500 million and ruin yourself financially in the process even if you win, or remove the photo.

Unfortunately in the USA many things run this course. Even if you are in the right, it's just too damn expensive to fight a battle with a giant. The David and Goliath Stories make for a good read, but are largely fiction. :shakehead

Whoa...he swung a weightbelt at a guy who's 6'7"...

THAT'S WHAT WE ALL SAID!

I dont think grouch can control himself.

Love the thread title Catherine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom