Essentials course 4/21-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I recently learned that 5thD-X is going to be teaching an "Essentials of DIR" course through Northwest Sport Divers, April 21 - 23. Just wanted to pass that information along to anybody who might be interested. Information about the course, equipment requirements and cost is available on the 5thD-X website.

(I'm not affiliated with these folks at all, just wanted to share the news.)

I'm hoping to get in on that, but Joe tells me that it may be full already. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I just called them and registered -- so it is NOT full yet -- as of 3:30 p.m., 7 Feb.

So Peter...what is that saying...?
A long journey starts with the first step...are you going to the dark side :)
Post a report of the class. I would be interested to hear about it.
Kirsten

[Peter -- Holding up a cross with both hands!]

Repeat after me -- Remember the Force Luke -- No, I will NOT go over to the dark side -- I will stay with the Force.

I'll try to do some sort of a write up, but unless I get Lynne to do the actual writing, it probably won't be very interesting! She is so much better at doing that sort of thing.

The closest I'll get to the darkside with this class is going from my 34 or 40" primary hose to a 7' one (I'm going to steal Lynne's). Although a BP/W is "suggested" my back inflate BC will be OK. But I evidently have to go with a minimum 5' primary.

Kirsten, why don't you come and join in?

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in.

Wow, I'd love to take the Essentials course...but I don't dive cold. Too bad we can't just practice the skills in the pool with the open (cold) water part being optional. <LOL>

Sucks to be me!

DiveMe, you just need to grit your teeth and do it! I said I would NEVER dive in the Sound, and look at me :)

Back
Top Bottom