Escrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chippy,
This is likely a scam and you should immediately notify eBay that the person tried to contact you to buy outside the auction. I would also let them know about the escrow situation. If you do this it will help protect someone else. And you as the seller establish the terms of the sale. Never let a buyer try to change your method of payment. I have 700 transactions on eBay and believe me I've seen a couple of scams, but so far I have only had one person who didn't pay me and only one person who0 didn't ship an item I bought in a timely manner (it took 3 months).

TedJ

dee

it is scarry sometimes how much info i can find on the internet. what the bad one was the last time i did a search on my self i found things going back when i was in the first grade that was really scarry. but in the case of domains and internet sites i always go check the DNS info (DNS = Domain naming service, this the records that are kept to take a domain name and turn it into a number value of a server that is on the internet)

but the link is

www.netsol.com and upper righthand corner click on WHOIS and enter the info and findout about the site

tooth

I'd posted a similar thread on Ebay's community page, and got very similar reply's, and some handy links for checking potential buyers, and escrow services out, here's the links:-

Check out bidder

check out escrow

Tooth - here's the link to the ecrow section on ebay (I take it that's the one you meant? Ebay Escrow

Scubatooth:
it is scarry sometimes how much info i can find on the internet. what the bad one was the last time i did a search on my self i found things going back when i was in the first grade that was really scarry.

Where did you go to find out this kind of stuff? I can't even search my own brain and come up with what I did in first grade!!!
TEdJ

ted

there are several services online that you can do background checks on people, and i have a friend though scouting who is a lawyer and is able to get me some more information then what a civilian can, but the first grade thing was the fact that this one check i was able to find my name listed in my private schools registar that i attended there, even though i was registered under another name at that time ( i was going by my middle name first) and it was able to do a reverse look to match that, which totally blew my mind. also lol, all i remember about 1st grade was thats when i got my tonsils out and that the teacher thought that all of us needed to be on "medication" when in reality she was the one who needed it

Tooth

Back
Top Bottom