Sealife Micro 3.0 with Sea Dragon light—opinions requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
O

OldWetDog

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am considering getting one of these, as they are on a very good sale right now. At the same time, I see a number of these cameras “new in the box/never used” or used for a handful of days for sale. It concerns me that people buy this camera and are dissatisfied with it and immediately want to sell it. Could those of you who have one provide some feedback as to whether this is a good camera– – especially for someone who is new to the photography.

I haven’t used one but Sealife makes good stuff and pretty intuitive. I’ve used a DC 2000 for several years and now have migrated to the SportDiver phone housing.

I haven’t used the camera, but brought a SeaDragon 3000 lumen video light on a Maldives trip and am thrilled with the results. All of the compact cameras available at the moment are really good. You just need to spend some time reading the manual and watching YouTube videos on the setup etc.

My wife uses a sea life micro 3 and loves the simplicity, we are amateurs in photography (just point and shoot) but it gives great pictures. We thought the lens cover had cracked after a few dives and returned it to sea life, they explained the coating was lifting off the lens inside (not good, the camera was brand new!) giving the appearance of a crack, they immediately replaced the lens cover and sent it back in less than 3 days at no charge, so customer service seems very good.. we had an older 35mm sealife film camera before and had no issues in almost 20 years with that camera, so we are big fans of sea life equipment, if you take care of it, it will last a long time, so the real question is does the camera have the functions you want/need, only you can answer that, but we are very happy with the Micro 3 camera (have had it almost 2 years now!).

I am considering getting one of these, as they are on a very good sale right now. At the same time, I see a number of these cameras “new in the box/never used” or used for a handful of days for sale. It concerns me that people buy this camera and are dissatisfied with it and immediately want to sell it. Could those of you who have one provide some feedback as to whether this is a good camera– – especially for someone who is new to the photography.
I had the Micro 2 and upgraded to the Micro 3. Actually bought two and have one unused camera and light for sell here. They are excellent and CS is awesome. I have not had any issues with either one of these. What I like most is being completely sealed and not having to worry about water intrusion. Simple to use and with the light attached gets really good pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom