Escape Size Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just took a my new medium size Zeagle Escape out of the box and tried it on. I'm 5'8" and 163-170 lbs. This is my first back inflatable BC. The BC fits nice and snug as I sinch it up with strap room left over at all locations (5 inches on each strap at least). However, it seems a little short in the torso area. The attach point on the inflator hose valve is positioned directly behind my left shoulder blade? However, the hadles for the weight pouches is exactly where my hands are (just right)). I feel as if the back of the BC is sitting a little low on my back? Should the inflator hose dump valve be sitiing on my left shoulder blade or higher on the shoulder? Is this a normal fit for a back inflatable BC? I'm afraid if I go to a large, the BC will be too big and shift when I dive! I would just stop typing and dive but vendors don't like used returned BC's.

Any help you could provide before I take off diving would be great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom