Escape & Scout air trapping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenH

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with air-trapping with these two models? I have read that it is sort of an issue with the Escape. Thanks

KenH

Not that I can tell with mine, I don't know where it would trap, are you raising your left shoulder slightly to insure any air bubble shifts to the inflator side? I use the 34 and 24 lb wings. Bill

Air trapping in the Zeagle Escape

The Zeagle Escape does trap air because of it's U shape bladder. my wife and I feel it should have one more air dump or a circular bladder.

We finally figured out how to release the air however it was a pain.

:turtle:

The only air trapping I noticed with the Escape seems to be because of the bungies. The bungies create an irregular surface (restrictions) within the BC so as you change positions the air does not shift smoothly. It seems to hang in the lobes formed by the bungies the move all at once. I would hear and feel the air slosh through the bladder. I think Zeagle (a great company over all) has gone the wrong direction with their BC designs. I an no longer able to find a reason to use or recomend anything other than a bp/wing and now use it for all my diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom