escape and ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basically the escape and Ranger are the same BC... the escape is just a "lighter" version of the ranger (less D-rings, bladder size, weight size etc.) Both of these BC's should accomodate a 7mm suit.... the weight pockets on the ranger are bigger (20lbs each I think) and that will come into play if your a new diver with a thick wetsuit... both are great BC's but I guess the ranger has the track record and the escape does not. I own a ranger and my wife went with the escape... both have the same warrantee so thats a wash.... the escape has only 1 tank band and the ranger has 2, I've never had a tank slip out of my ranger during a dive (but neither has one slipped out of my wifes escape either)... I guess the bottom line is if you are looking to do some sport diving only go with the escape, but if your going to do a little "tech" diving as welll as recreational diving choose the ranger... thats my opinion, I LOVE MY RANGER and would not trade it for anything!

=-)

PS... Ask the ntrox calc question in the tech section, you'll get 764 different answers!!

Back
Top Bottom