"Error Last Dive" on Aeris A300CS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Statler

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was teaching in the pool with my Aeris A300CS. The battery was low, but I started the dive with it anyway. I turned it on when I was in the water, it came on, stayed on for a few seconds and then shut down. It came back on briefly a few minutes later and ever since, I get the "error last dive" message. The compartment didn't flood, it is in really good shape, and I don't really think there is anything wrong with it other than the fact that I'm completely locked out. I tried leaving the battery out for 30 minutes and then putting it back in. Same thing. Is there anything I can do that doesn't require me to ship this thing out and pay for someone to run diagnostics? If that is the answer, then I may be done with AUP dive computers.

Try their web site and send support an email but usually removing the battery like you did would reset the computer.

It just seems logical to start with a new battery.

Did you check the manual? I don't know exactly about the Aeris computer, but a few of my computers had a function to reset the computer when pressing 2 or 3 buttons together at the same time for about 15 sec.

Just an idea!

Did you check the manual? I don't know exactly about the Aeris computer, but a few of my computers had a function to reset the computer when pressing 2 or 3 buttons together at the same time for about 15 sec.

Just an idea!
I did check the manual. Talks about a feature to reset the nitrogen profile for rentals, but can't seem to find anything on the secret key sequences to force it. I looked for it in similar style computers as well. All those computers that are branded under multiple product lines. Did not find much that way either. It has three buttons. Two on the bottom of the display: M and A. On the right is the Select button.

I'm starting to think I won't find the answer in any public forum. I didn't make it out to DEMA, but might see if anyone I know at DEMA if they might inquire at the Oceanic booth.

Hmm, too bad! I hope you will find a solution soon. The other thing i thought about was, that the sensors are a bit dirty. In that case i would put the computer in a weak water/vinegar solution for a while. Then i would repeat the procedure with taking out the battery again and see what happens. Sometimes it helps. It's just weird that it would have occurred together with the notification for the low battery..

Hmm, too bad! I hope you will find a solution soon. The other thing i thought about was, that the sensors are a bit dirty. In that case i would put the computer in a weak water/vinegar solution for a while. Then i would repeat the procedure with taking out the battery again and see what happens. Sometimes it helps. It's just weird that it would have occurred together with the notification for the low battery..
It's worth a try. I'll try that this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom