Error Almac IO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My DC200 had a similar issue just last week. During the dive, I started getting memory card "error" message whenever I turned the camera on. Sometimes the error message would go away and I would take some pictures, and sometimes I would get the error message and the camera would lock up again.

When I downloaded the memory card, every photo that I had "taken" in between the memory card errors was gone. They may not have ever been recorded. I scanned the memory card and found no errors on it. I cleared and formatted the memory card and put it back into the camera. Fingers crossed. If I get a repeat incident I will just replace the memory card next. The memory card is a few years old so I'm hoping that the card is the failure point.

Micro HD is a "permanent sealed" camera. No ports, no windows, no closures, no battery removal, no memory card slot, no nothing.
Everything is inside and unaccesable.

Hi there!
I just came back from my only diving holiday possible this year, completely amazing, except for the fact that my SeaLife micro cam failed exactly in the same way yours did. I have sent it back to the shop for a replacement, however my level of confidence in the brand is very low at the moment, my biggest fear is to experience the same frustration of not having a camera due to malfunctioning even if I get a new one.

Can you share an update of how your story ended up please?

Hi there!
I just came back from my only diving holiday possible this year, completely amazing, except for the fact that my SeaLife micro cam failed exactly in the same way yours did. I have sent it back to the shop for a replacement, however my level of confidence in the brand is very low at the moment, my biggest fear is to experience the same frustration of not having a camera due to malfunctioning even if I get a new one.

Can you share an update of how your story ended up please?

Hi Andrea, the local representative replaced the camera with a new one to our cost. The cost to send the deffective one to the manufacturer and back would cost only a little less than the replacement, so we opted for the first choice, a new one. Since then no further problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom