Error Almac IO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In March 2017 we bought (my fiance and I) a new Sealife Micro 2.0 UW camera.
We have been using the camera seldomly.
Last month we did a scuba excursion to the Red Sea. We could take no pics nor video at all owing to the following error :
d6c0a8c3-f40e-4651-a007-c9ff092dbbc8.jpg

As we live in Argentina and the camera was bought overseas, we went to the local Sealife representative and he told us that the camera is unrepairable and should be replaced at the cost of a new one. No warranty at all.
He even told us that perhaps we broke it using a different charger than the one provided with the camera.
We not only have not used a different charger, but also this is a memory issue and not a power supply issue, as the camera does turn on and off.
Is there a way to correct this error ?
Is there a way to restore the memory ?
Is there a way to convert it again to a camera from what it's now a paper weigh ?
c86a4ac5-629e-4a0d-bf3c-689a114ffb92.jpg

Thanks

Try e-mailing Sealife directly. They may have better advice than your local representative.

Yikes. I do like my sealife camera. However, if I'd got a response like the one you got from them I would never buy another. Hopefully @cwithe's advice will pan out.

I have used sealife cameras for several years. Twice I had issues that fell within a warranty period. Both times I contacted sealife directly. They have been great replacing with new equipment both times. The second time my strobe (old style) failed while under warranty. They said they did not have any more of the old styles so they sent me a new sea dragon strobe as a replacement. Tossed in an extra set of trays too. The sea dragon strobe was worth twice what I had paid for the original strobe. Sounds to me like either you were out of the warranty period or you just had a dealer trying to make an extra buck or both. But definitely talk directly to sealife.

I don't have or know these cameras. But do you have connection over USB to maybe reformat internal memory or do a firmware update?

Update: https://www.sealife-cameras.com/wp-...01/Micro-2.0-Firmware-Update-Instructions.pdf
Even if this firmware isn't newer as the one you are currently using, you should try this.
As i stated i don't own this camera but coming from a technical standpoint:
Devices like this, most of the times, have different storage areas for boot, firmware and data storage. A firmware update is often a complete image of the firmware section.

Like others say, e-mail SeaLife. Their support was great when I flooded my DC1400.

I've contacted Sealife support via e-mail. All hints given to try to revive the camera were unsuccessful.
They offer me to send the defective camera for revision.
I'll keep you posted.

May i ask what happens if You connect the camera via USB?

The PC did not recognize the external drive connected with an error message saying that the device could not be recognized.
Though I can charge the internal battery.
If I try to take a picture, the camera says that the memory is full, but if I try to see the pictures in the memory it says that there is no picture.
If I try to format the internal memory, it says "Format fails".

My DC200 had a similar issue just last week. During the dive, I started getting memory card "error" message whenever I turned the camera on. Sometimes the error message would go away and I would take some pictures, and sometimes I would get the error message and the camera would lock up again.

When I downloaded the memory card, every photo that I had "taken" in between the memory card errors was gone. They may not have ever been recorded. I scanned the memory card and found no errors on it. I cleared and formatted the memory card and put it back into the camera. Fingers crossed. If I get a repeat incident I will just replace the memory card next. The memory card is a few years old so I'm hoping that the card is the failure point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom