eRDPml

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Certainly all the Suunto range will allow multi level planning with the simulation mode so that covers about half the computers world wide for starters.

I hate the eRDPML - a complete abortion of an idea that replaces a complete abortion of an idea (the wheel). Wonder when the eRDL-ML-EAN will be out.

I already addressed this. It will come out right after the eRDPml PDQ SOL that occurs when someone sits their tank on it or it falls in the water. Funny thing, I can run over the tables with a truck, stick em in my BC pocket, or throw them against the wall and they still work. Wonder if the little calculators can say the same? Oh and I like the wheel. But as was said none of them are really necessary. Tables can be used to plan mutilevel dives quite easily.

Actually you could plan a multi-level with the RDP, but it wasn't designed for it.

SILENCE! You're not supposed to pass on forbidden knowledge. :D

On the DM tests (with The wheel being history), are you allowed to have both the RDP table and eRDPml with you? To answer square profile questions in the Workbook I find the RDP best.

I hope PADI don't notice this post(!) - I can't stand the eRDP or the eRDPML - tables might not be the most intuitive things ever but they do at least give a very basic insight into decompression theory. The wheel was a wonderful device - and a masterpiece of engineering design, I liked it.

I remember being at a PADI forum back in Thailand when the head honchos over there announced the development of the eRDPML - somebody asked "can you take it underwater?" and the reply was "yes, but you'll have to buy a new one!" Made me laugh but it's a poor design for them not to be waterproof. Part of the idea of the RDP table was that you could take it underwater with you back in the day when computers where either unavailable or ridiculously expensive.

Happy multileveling,

C.

Back
Top Bottom