Equipment question to DMs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have any experience with the LED backup lights (like OMS 196-1 w/one LED) as opposed to a conventional light like the Ikelite PCa (overdriven bulb, but what the hey, would just use it for daytime intermittent stuff) or the UK SL4 or something like that?

PCa has the 6 AA batts. and PC and UK has 4 C's for power, but PCa has the higher watt bulb, plus more volts for power. Don't know anyone who has used an LED, maybe there's a reason. :)

I'm getting harassed about my Christmas list...Help! :(

Haven't used an LED light, but I emailed UW Kinetics recently asking them about anything they had in the pipeline... they told me that they would be bringing out some LED products in 2003. I was more interested in an LED version of the SL4 module for a DIR backup, but that's a bit irrelevant I suppose. Doesn't help with your Christmas list though :)

I just ordered a Princeton Tec Attitude for a back-up and spotting light for my camera. I was really impressed with the light output for such a small package. My primary light is the small PCa, which is perfect for clear water. Nothing better to scare all the fish out of an area on a night dive than a big bright light!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom