Equipment price in Hong Kong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elanor_k

Registered
Reaction score
hi, first time here :)

after a few sleepless nights i have decided to buy my first BCD.
sleepless nights are because of the ridiculously high prices here in South Korea..
Then i've googled a bit and found out that buying gear online at US websites are much cheaper than the price here.
gear price + currency rate + shipping costs + taxes = still cheaper...
So i have decided giving up the warranty on my BCD and buy it online, or..

I am visiting Hong Kong next month for two days, and i wonder how the price is it there? (compared to, like, leisurepro.com?)
I will have not that much time in Hong Kong, perhaps can visit a shop a two.
(I know there is a sticky note but...) Will be there a shop that offer relatively low prices and a few Women's BCD that I could choose?

to make it short ..

want to buy my first BCD
1. I've heard that equipment is cheap in Hong Kong. How cheap?
2. friendly+cheap Hong Kong equip. shops for a girl +beginner?

thanks.

ps. I live in Jeju, Korea, and if you come by to dive..Not only Mun Island, but Udo Island is a fascinating diving spot too! I hope I have the opportunity to post more about Jeju dive sites this summer ..:)

Hi there, I am also new to SB, but hope I can help you a bit.
Price in Hong Kong is absolute amazing! It's even cheaper than US. Coz there is no tax here in Hong Kong.

How lovely the price will be? That will depend on your bargaining power. Normally, for first time customer, I guess you may get 10-20% discount or even more that will depend on your luck. =)

Enjoy shopping in Hong Kong.

there are quite a lots of shops in Hong Kong , the names are ProDive, LS Pro, Diving Adventure, Ocean Sky, Diving Express, ..... etc

let me know if you need more assitance.

Back
Top Bottom