Equinox HD6 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fooks

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently purchased a Equinox housing for my Sony HDR-SR10 and thought I would share my experiences. When I started looking for housings I wanted to go with an Ikelite, mostly because this is what I am most familiar with. Ikelite was quickly crossed off my list because they no longer made the housing for my camera and I couldn't find anything used.

That's when I started doing my research on Equinox. For me the positives of this housing were the price, the accessory's that came with housing, and the simplicity of the housing. The negative was the weight of the housing.

I ordered my housing directly from Equinox. I had no issues in dealing with the company. They were responsive and patient to all my requests.

I have been pleased with the housing over all. Prior to diving with it and my camera, I tested it in open water with no issues. The only issues I have with it, is again the weight of it (on land its quite bulky in water its fine), and the controls. The controls are very basic and take some time to get used to. I feel those to negatives are understandable considering the price of the housing. If you are considering purchasing the housing, buy the monitor.

Here are some clips i have taken so far:

Two Jack « Noel's Dive Blog

Lake Sundance Clean Up « Noel's Dive Blog

Back
Top Bottom