Equalizing ears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know what helped me early on. My right ear was similarly difficult to clear. I learned to tilt my head to the left, to put the right ear as high as possible, stretching that eustachian tube. That facilitated equalization on the right.

Hope this helps,
Bryan

Thanks Bryan, your suggestion seems to be the only way to clear my ear, still a little temperamental but eventually it will clear.

Thanks Doc, just finished watching and tried the technics mentioned, but still no good on the right ear, cannot pressurise

Thanks Bryan, your suggestion seems to be the only way to clear my ear, still a little temperamental but eventually it will clear.
Practice, practice, practice - but avoid pushing it. If you irritate things, swelling can make it worse.

My home bud always has difficulties the first couple of days of a dive trips and we always stop at 15 ft until he clears that step. By the third or fourth day, no problems.

I do not think he could clear without OTC meds tho - decongestant and antihistamine both. And some docs and many divers also swear by nasal irrigation, which he also practices.

Take it easy but keep at it...!!

Back
Top Bottom