Equalize Lobster Snare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karlista

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Equalizer Lobster Snare

I just bought one of these snares and used it for the first time yesterday. When I jumped in the water, the PVC pipe broke. Very thin wall PVC. This is a piece of junk. Buyer beware.

Attachments

• Broken Equalizer Lobster Snare.jpg
    Broken Equalizer Lobster Snare.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 462
thanks for the info.........

Equalizer Lobster Snare

I just bought one of these snares and used it for the first time yesterday. When I jumped in the water, the PVC pipe broke. Very thin wall PVC. This is a piece of junk. Buyer beware.

Sorry to hear of your troubles with that device.

We offer a very robust, Stainless Steel snare that is spring loaded and allows one hand operation.. if you are looking to upgrade..

Spring Loaded Lobster Noose Stainless Steel | MAKO Spearguns

MLNSS-2T.jpg

yep, that is the same spot that broke on mine, my GF's, and my buddies. PVC is thin wall 3/4" irrigation piping that you typically wont find at lowe's or home depot. Replacement can be ordered from the OEM listed on the label. I really like mine and have repaired more than a few of them but, they are a bit fragile if you side load them. The Mako SS one looks like something i'll have to try - price is about on par with what you can find the PVC one. Too bad it is out of stock :/

yep, that is the same spot that broke on mine, my GF's, and my buddies. PVC is thin wall 3/4" irrigation piping that you typically wont find at lowe's or home depot. Replacement can be ordered from the OEM listed on the label. I really like mine and have repaired more than a few of them but, they are a bit fragile if you side load them. The Mako SS one looks like something i'll have to try - price is about on par with what you can find the PVC one. Too bad it is out of stock :/

Sorry for the extended delay in my response.

We finally have the SS lobster noose back in stock. They have been quite popular.

As for the price - don't be surprised when you see lower prices on my website for similar products sold elsewhere. We only sell direct, so we eliminate the typical retail overhead and bring quality products and reduced prices.

Thanks!
Dano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom