Epic conditions at Catalina 10/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, wow, wow!!!

Color me envious, great diving and you have Quintin! :hugs:

I really have to get my arse out there for a visit.

Great report and videos, thanks for posting!!!!!

Man, I really need to get out and dive quick!

Thanks for posting the videos and dive reports.

I think this was one of my all time favorite boat trips on Catalina!

My expectations were so low because of the weather but I was so excited to dive Ship Rock since my last and only time was probably my 2nd boat trip ever over 4 years ago! I just remembered it being beautiful...and it was! I still can't believe the viz! Plus, this was my first dive with dry fingers! mmm....how did I ever dive without dry gloves. However, everything else on my body seemed colder and my feet went a little numb. They were probably always numb but I just did't notice it over numb fingers. but wow....warm, moveable fingers! yeh!

The first dive was with Cody and Stephen. My favorite part being the graceful angel shark that cruised by and the amazing viz of course.

The second dive I buddied up with Nicole who is just awesome to dive with. I swear we were reading each other's minds. I thought about turning and I look over and she's asking if we should turn. I thought about ascending and I look over and she's giving the up to 40 signal. And I'll never forget that giant sea hare. I mean, HUGE! Then Nicole goes up to measure it by putting one hand at it's head and one at it's butt and then it proceeds to take a crap on her hand. :D Awesome! Seriously must have been 4 feet long, at least!

Third dive was back with Cody on the Blue Caverns. If I didn't know it before (from diving at the Ginnie Springs cavern) I know it now...I'm not a cave diver! I have a very serious case of claustrophobia coupled with a fear of bugs. And a cavern full of lobsters has a very close resemblance to a room full of roaches. I swam in, did a 180, swam out. cool, but not my cup of tea. However, the rest of the dive was epic! The wall was huge and just kept going. We were floating 30 feet above Nicole and Jen and it felt a little bit like Peter Pan flying above Never Never Land.

It was a great day full of fantastic dives, great friends, and most of all a lot of fun! How could you leave that out?

Great video Chris!!!!

And here are some topside pictures Login | Facebook

And Nicole, you forgot the best part of your drysuit story...going to the ATM in your drysuit and having some guy ask you what kind of outfit was that?!

Back
Top Bottom