Enviromental Kit CDX-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I use a pair of CDX-5's on a set of doubles. They originally were paired with Alpha-8 second stages (which I have since replaced) so they do not have the environmental kit installed. I did the DIN adapter installation on them, with the help of folks on this board, and I am very happy with them thus far. I see from reading here the regs are not recommended for use in water temps below 50F without the enviromental kit. I sometimes dive in water in the 40's in the winter so I will most likely get the enviro-kit installed next service.

My question is what does the environmental kit really buy you? Looking at the service manual, it seems the kits consists of bascially two parts: an enviromental diaphram and a transfer piston, along with different environmental end caps to fit them. Do the diaphram and transfer piston really make that much of a difference? If so, can someone explain to me how it works?

I'll most likely get the kits installed during the next service, I'm not that cheap and have no reason not to if I am diving water below 50F. I just want to have an idea of what they actually do.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom