Entry requirements for U.S with a stopover?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dontyouliketheparty

Registered
Reaction score
Aberdeen Scotland, from London England UK
# of dives
Hello Everyone,

Although I'm currently researching the matter. Can anyone help me?
I hope to be travelling to Roatan for a DM course in May from London and rather than buying an expensive round trip flight I've found it would be much cheaper to fly to Miami with a return ticket and source my own Maimi to Roatan flight, as there are lots more airlines to choose from in Miami with rates considerably cheaper. I hope to get a flight to Roatan on standby(if standby flights still exist in America) and spend a day or two in Miami?

I'm not that clued up on international travel so a bit green about the particulars. I've read that I will be granted a 90day stamp in my passport on arrival to the states, so if that's the case I'm sorted? I will be renewing my passport before I leave the UK as I read the U.S require foreign nationals have machine readable passports. I take it they're the new ones with chip and shimery ID picture?

Can anyone confirm my queries please? Seems to me that I get to see the States, even if it's for a day on the savings gained from a round trip flight from the UK? Quotes from the UK to Honduras coming in at Ž£600 + but to Miami Ž£300 with flights from Miami to Roatan as little as $200. Saving about Ž£150 if I'm lucky doing it my way!!

Cheers Lee

with flights from Miami to Roatan as little as $200.

Where did you find that fare?

btw- great discount pricing on dive gear (compared to your GB costs) all around Florida.

https://www.intratours.com/flights/deals/Houston/San-Pedro-Sula/HOU-SAP.htm

That's Houston to San Pedro Sula, not RTB

Also I hope this works Unavailable

American doesn't fly into RTB

Sorry that's £200 not dolllars

$283 dollars then.

I think you'll see TACA and Continental with service into RTB, neither of which are giving anything away. $450~600 depending on the phase of the moon.

You can get to the mainland (SPS) for a lower price, and then getting to Roatan at a leisurely pace should be a substantial savings. Many vacationers are searching for this less expensive routing method, but for them, one extra day on each end of the week spent in transit is a huge cost in their vacation budget timeline.

You have an advantage in terms of time allotted.

Search SB and you will find many options for making that short crossing from the mainland to the Bay islands, either by cab/bus & Ferry Boat or by air flight.

Back
Top Bottom