Entry Level Computers that Display Average Depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milbournosphere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for an wrist-mounted entry level computer and this was one of the features I'd like. I did some searching but could only find threads from 2008.

Does anybody know which entry level computers calculate average depth? The only computers I can find so far have been the Suunto Zoop and the and the Oceanic VEO 2.0. I can't really find any solid answers regarding Tusa's offerings, as well and Aeris or other Oceanic models.

I'd like to use this number to keep track of my SAC rate over time as I dive, and it's somewhat difficult/time consuming to keep a running average by hand.

Any help is appreciated!

You might want to check the on-line manuals for models you are interested in. Although mine are not "entry level" computers, both calculate (but don't directly display) average depth.

Nitek trio. It's an easy to use three gas computer and displays average depth.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I've been looking around at some manuals but there's a lot of bad literature out there. The Tusa IQ-750 supposedly does, but I can't find any mention of it in the product manual. Are there any others out there that people would recommend?

I own an Oceanic VEO 180NX. It's already discontinued, and replaced by VEO 2.0 and so on.
In the log function you will only see the max depth, but if you download the dive data to a PC via the USB cable + the Oceanic Oceanlog software, one of the values that is shown is the average depth.

Attachments

• Oceanlog average depth.jpg
    Oceanlog average depth.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 278
I have a Veo 2.0. It will not display average depth directly on the dive computer. You will need to cable to download the data.

My son has a Zoop. It will display on the dive computer.

Not a computer but the Uwatec Bottom Timer 330 m has that as one of its new features.

I have Uwatec Tec 2G, it has average depth display on the computer, and it is resettable too. I think the newer model is call Scubapro 2G now.

For those of you suggest oceanic computers, they do NOT computer average on the fly. Instead, when you download the data point onto your computer, the software on your computer average the sample and give you a average.

I purchased one of these Mares Icon HD for an entry leve price.
Couldn't be more happy. It does much more than only gives you the average depth. There are 8 units still in stock.

IconHD.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom