Entanglement Hazards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSixString

Contributor
Reaction score
Howdy all.

I've done some diving to around 40 ft in marinas on Lanier and saw very little in the way of trees, monofilement, etc. That might be because they were cleared. I'm considering diving off Old Federal Park Day Use ramp where my charts indicate depths of 70+ feet. Just how bad do the entanglement hazards get down there?

Has anyone tried this site?

Thanks

Scuba Six

Entanglements could be anywhere in the lake,after years of diving the lakes I have never been tangled up except in my towed dive flag line. There is lots of fishing line out there esp. around the trees,just make sure you have a dive knife and that it is mounted so that you can reach it even when tangled. I have one zip tied to my inflater and another in my bc pocket.

I HAVE been tangled at Lanier! Once in around 50' water. I stopped, breathed, thought, thought again, then took out my "diving scisors" and cut the rope to pieces until I was free. I resumed my dive plan and I had a wonderful dive.

I always take a knife and my scisors.

Back
Top Bottom