Enjoying Monastery Beach video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AirInHere

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I dont really do the whole Dive report thing. But I do love making dive videos and taking pictures.
So here is a short video of me and my divebuddy Rick. We fully explore Monastery beach North and South.
We see lots of fish and even bump into some other divers at one point.

Diving Monastery Beach June 15th, 2008
YouTube - June 15th Monastery

Carmelite Monastery
IMG_0025-1.jpg

For lots of diving videos....
Diving Videos

Sounds like a good day of diving! I like the voiceovers . . . To me, narration greatly increases the enjoyment of a diving video, although I know there are people who differ with me about that.

hey airinhere, thanks 4 not getting back 2 me about diving this past weekend. doc wong< i see u all the time on utube!!! love u man!!! awesome videos!!!
babyjoe75

doc wong< i see u all the time on utube!!! love u man!!! awesome videos!!!
babyjoe75

You're welcome! I'll keep them coming!

And thanks Airinhere, for doing your videos, I enjoy watching them, keep them coming! Allows me to precariously dive while working!

Also, when did you take that photo of the Monastery structure? The lighting's perfect and i'd like to see if I can use that shot in our Surviving Monastery Beach Diving video.

Last edited:
TsandM I just like the Blue Planet style narration.
It drives me crazy listening to music during all the other dive videos I watch.
(I almost always turn the volume down).

BabyJoe75, I will make it up to you I promise.

It drives me crazy listening to music during all the other dive videos I watch.
(I almost always turn the volume down)./QUOTE]

There's a message here for the videographers: you are making a video of your work,
not a music video for whoever did the music. Put the music in the deep background and
let folks enjoy your video.

If anything, I am tending to talk less and less during my videos and relying on the actual sounds of the dive.
And the silence of the dive.

Ideally, I can find a balance between describing my thoughts and defining my enviroment
while maintaining the ethereal silence of the dive.

In the long run, I am really doing these videos for myself.
I am pleased if others enjoy them,
but I create them so I can relive my dives from the comfort of my own living room.

To each their own.

There is no one right and or one wrong way. I made my first video the other day, and I made it for me. Anyone else is welcome to watch it, but I made the investment and put the time into it so I could enjoy it later. In my opinion im making the video for myself (a diver) so I know whats going on as I watch it. If theres any other intended audience its my family, none of which are divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom