Enjoying Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rollerboi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok, not really disappointed anymore. Things have turned out well, we're all loving the island and even though the ports have been closed we managed to squeeze in an afternoon of diving today and it doesn't take much to make us happy. :)

Any favorite restaurants on Isla Mujeres that anyone would recommend?

Unlike the unhelpful post "above", here, hopefully is some helpful info...
I found these on the internet, I don't personally know anything about any of these shops.

Coral Scuba Dive Center
coral@coralscubadivingcenter.com

Delfin Diving
delfindiving@delfindiving.com

Mundaca Divers
antonio.gonzales@mundacadivers.com

Sea Hawk Divers
seahawkdivers@hotmail.com

Aqua Adventures
Scuba Dive Isla Mujeres

Bahia Dive Shop
bahiaislamujeres@hotmail.com

All of these shops claim to be on Isla Mujeres. I hope these are helpful, you can get an internet signal, water calms, port open and you can dive.

If I knew how to change the title I would. The original frustration was not with the weather, but with missing a connection. Turns out some e-mails didn't make it through that resulted in the mix-up, and I didn't have the correct phone number for the guy. Nobody's fault, just meant we sat at a ferry terminal for a few hours. No harm, no foul. :)

The ports get closed to smaller (dive) boats and areas, restricting the amount of diving that can occur. That doesn't affect the ferries which take you to the mainland. We ended up having a great experience with Aqua Adventures out on Manchones (?) reef when a small window of opportunity opened up.

Olivia's is a great mediterranean restaurant in the area that we enjoyed, and the ballpark taco stand was just fabulous. If anyone knows of any other good restaurants, please feel free to post!

I don't know if it's still there, since I was last there in 1996, but Pizza Rolandi used to serve an outstanding wood-fired oven pizza and a great Spaguetti Bolognese. Instead of bread, they'd bring a plate of thin slices of baked pizza dough to dunk into a garlicky oil.

Heading north from Rolandi, maybe 100 yards or so away, on the same side of the street, I used to lunch at a hole-in-the-wall type of place (sorry, can't temember the name) that served typical Yucatecan specialties like panuchos, salbutes, tostadas, tamales (as opposed to tacos and enchiladas).

MOD POST:

I've tidied the thread up now that the title has been changed. If your post is missing it's because it wasn't related to the original topic.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions on how to get the title changed and for the positive vibes that were posted re how helpful our SB members are!

Thank you! Rollerboi, I'm glad you were able to dive. Sorry, I can't help you with restaurants, I have not been to any there. What dive site did you do and how was it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom