Eneloop AA batteries @ Costco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just a FYI,

My local Costco is selling a 10 pack of Eneloop (Panasonic markings) batteries for < $20.00

The best price I've ever seen.

Hey John, just wondering if their claims of holding a charge longer, and lasting longer when in use, than regular batteries has been true in your experience?

they have been for me and I get mine at Costco whenever I need some which is rare. I use them in all of my backup lights that call for AA or AAA batteries as well as my Petrel. Biggest use for me is in my headlamp

The claims are absolutely true; but you have to understand context. For a strobe where you have high power needs for a short time then you want eneloops. For a video camera back where you have a relatively low load for a long time, something with higher amp hours will last longer. As for holding charge, definitely true for the low internal discharge batteries, not true at all for standard NiMH.

Bill

Eneloops are very good batteries. I put date on them (when I bought them). I have about 40 of them and have yet to throw one away. Some are 6-7 years old.

Back
Top Bottom