Endless Xdeep Zeos vs Zen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drashka

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello lovely people. I open another thread on this because i'm not finding the infos if need about comparison.
I'm divemaster with around 300 dives and dive mostly warm water (Mexico/Asia/Egypt) and a bit in the Med (60°F max with 7 SD)
I was diving with a Mares Dragon SLS which I love but is top bulky and heavy to travel with. BP/W appealed me since a long time.
My first look was on Xdeep Ghost but i'm not sure about spending money (I'm a broke diver) on a setup that's not modular. I'll be aiming to deco dives with dual tank in the future, I know.
So i'm in between Zeos 28 ans NX Zen. Possible standard version with extra padding on shoulder strap to avoir potential clip failures.
Do you have recommendations ? Feels like Zen got a ton of nice features but i'm concerned about the lack of modulability of the special backplate. And the possible taco effect of the bigger donut.
My ultimate goal would be to pack all my setup in a carry on and i'm interested by Zeos for that. Any experience on travelling with one or the other ?
Weight wise it sounds the same, not sure if the innovations in Zen's (backplate, crotch strap and neck positioned inflator) are so worth.

Thanks for reading this message and hope your answers will help me see clearer

Why are two sets of wings needed?

Back
Top Bottom