ending the year on a high note ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Jimmie said he wanted to do a report of our Hood Canal trip today.

Dude ... hurry up, 'cuz I'm on a high and wanting to gloat!

We did two dives at Sund Rock, and conditions were about the best I've ever seen there. At one point on the first dive I just kicked out away from the reef a bit so I could sit back and enjoy the panorama ... and how often do you get to use that word when you're talking about diving in Hood Canal ... :eyebrow:

... then the wolf eel swam by ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

All that and you get to spend money on a dive charter tomorrow... it just doesn't get any better than that, does it? :D

BTW.... we are going to do Boeing Creek tomorrow. :wink:

Uncle Pug:
All that and you get to spend money on a dive charter tomorrow... it just doesn't get any better than that, does it? :D

BTW.... we are going to do Boeing Creek tomorrow. :wink:

Yep ... I know. But I had this charter already booked. Besides ... it'll be fun doing a "lazy person" kinda dive ... drifting the Narrows and letting the boat come pick us up when we're done.

Then we'll be heading to Day Island Wall to wish the resident wolfies a Happy New Year ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I did Pacific Adventure (Hood)on Tuesday and we had a nice 30' vis. Elephant wall was great - until I had a heart attack when the seal buzzed me!
Right now I'm looking out the window at Monterey Bay (CA.) and it looks like a pool. Looking forward to my first 2005 dive very soon....

NWGratefulDiver:
Jimmie said he wanted to do a report of our Hood Canal trip today.

Dude ... hurry up, 'cuz I'm on a high and wanting to gloat!

We did two dives at Sund Rock, and conditions were about the best I've ever seen there. At one point on the first dive I just kicked out away from the reef a bit so I could sit back and enjoy the panorama ... and how often do you get to use that word when you're talking about diving in Hood Canal ... :eyebrow:

... then the wolf eel swam by ... :wink:
Sorry, Bob... I had to get ready for the New Year's party Linda and I went to. Now I gotta do some more chores, so if you see this go ahead and post a Hood Canal report, as I won't get to it until late tonight. I'll just say that seeing the entire sunken fishing boat at depth was pretty darned cool yesterday at Sund Rock!

Bob and I also had a good time on Bandito's today... although I got my trip for free, thanks to my wife. :)

Jimmie

My trip cost me $10 since Shane *forgot* his wallet. (He always forgets his wallet.)
$5 boat launch fee + 4 Dick's plain cheese burgers.

Boeing reef starts at 30' and ends at 110'. Surprising amount of current at 110'. Excellent viz. Choppy on the surface and it built while we were down. OE2X kept the boat live for us.

Found a name for the Whaler: "Frequent Flyer"
Even with three big men and dive gear including 4 steel tanks and a full load of fuel we had the prop out of the water more than once. :D

Uncle Pug:
Found a name for the Whaler: "Frequent Flyer"
Even with three big men and dive gear including 4 steel tanks and a full load of fuel we had the prop out of the water more than once. :D

So the boss... errr... I mean the spouse approved?

Grateful. I have to agree, Sund Rock was beautiful on Thursday. Did I see you there? I was there with my daughter from about 10 to noon. Thought I would have recognized you. I met you at cove 2 last summer.

Steve B

StevenB:
Grateful. I have to agree, Sund Rock was beautiful on Thursday. Did I see you there? I was there with my daughter from about 10 to noon. Thought I would have recognized you. I met you at cove 2 last summer.

Steve B

We were there on Friday ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom