End of the road...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
I seem to be experiencing a problem with one of the modern Hookah Octopus Adapters being fabricated today that won't work with the NEW style rounded 3:1 Swivel Adapters. The newer swivel adapters are of a 2-pc design now instead of being made from a square block material. That and the nut config of the new Hookah to Octo Adapters won't allow the Octo Adapter to keep the swivel 'post' from sliding 'up' thru the body of the swivel and hence an air leak past the O-ring. The newer Octo Adapters made with a Allen head stud in them seem to have a small 3/8" Female Nut on them which doesn't have enough 'daimeter' to it to keep the modern 3:1 Swiverl from coming apart.

If you look at the NEW STYLE 3:1 Swiverl below you'll see three 3/8" female ports. The center of the swivel is a 'I' post that slides thru the block. When you mount one of the modern Hookah Octo Adapters onto the 3/8" Male end the entire 'I' post will pull right thru the entire assby because the Octo Adapter's nut is so small in width.

This it?
dacorswivel.jpg

See how the Hookah Octopus Adapters look? the 3/8" female end doesn't have enough 'material' on it to keep the swivel together.

If your going to use a 1:3 Swivel Adapter to run your LP BC hose and a Octopus your going to need the old style Dacor Multi-Hose Adapter part# 1100-00 to make it all work together...just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom