Emperor Leo Real Time Review, March 21-28, 2021, The Best of Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s just been refurbished. IMHO it’s better than Carpe Vita. You’ll enjoy it. I also like Chris, the CD of Leo, very informative, giving good briefing, funny guy. Rippon & Issey are also good DMs. Good cook!

What's the menu?

Does that hurt? Infection?

It felt like gotten poked by a needle. Its 4 teeth poked through my 3mm wetsuit. Luckily it’s just a warning to stay off its den and it’s a small eel. I had 4 tooth mark about 1/2” diameter spread. The wound healthed well by the next day, leaving tiny brown tatooes.

It felt like gotten poked by a needle. Its 4 teeth poked through my 3mm wetsuit. Luckily it’s just a warning to stay off its den and it’s a small eel. I had 4 tooth mark about 1/2” diameter spread. The wound healthed well by the next day, leaving tiny brown tatooes.

Yes that is very lucky. A friend of mine almost lost his arm to a green Moray. He's got some significant scars.

I'm relieved for you!

Reactions: Dan
What is the covid vaccination status of the people on your boats? That's the one thing that I worry about with travel...

I just know a few, myself and 2 other guests from US had the vaccines. I am not sure about the other guests from Spain, Switzerland, Germany & Nederland. They were mostly under 60 years old, so more likely haven’t been vaccinated, yet. If I heard something different later on, I’ll post it here.

Day 5

D14 was at Kandooma Thila, S. Male Atoll, 97 ft bottom depth for 55 minute dive time. What a great dive site! We saw 3 Eagle Rays in the blue, then some Gray Reef Sharks forming 45 degree postures with their mouths wide open above the Thila. Apparently we were in Shark cleaning station. Then we saw a huge Green Turtle having a nap on a rock.

After the dive we returned for breakfast. While having breakfast, Maldives Aggressor II passed by on the opposite direction. According to Aggressor.com the boat left Male yesterday. This could their first trip after a year of shutdown. If anyone know otherwise, please correct me.

D15 was at Kuda Giri wreck, E. Male Atoll, 114 ft bottom depth for 63 minute dive time. We saw Peacock Mantis Shrimp on the front deck (bow) of the wreck. I went down to the back of the boat to video the beautiful coral growing on the propeller, which was at about 114 ft. depth. CD was not too happy about it. So folks, don’t go deeper that 100 ft if you go diving with this boat!

We are now sailing back to Male (~ 3hrs) to dive in the famous K.O.G. (Kandu Oily Giri) or also called Fish Factory. Some of the guests haven’t been there. A couple from Miami group also missed the dive on our first diving day in Male. So we all have the chance to dive in KOG.

D16 at KOG turned out to be different than the previous ones. Guitar Shark showed up and it made divers went crazy chasing it around. Luckily it kept coming back for the fish scraps that fishermen dumped out over the pier.

Tomorrow’s plan would be to do one last dive # 17 ~ 6:30am, drying out our gears afterwards, PCR test ~ 10:30am, packing up our gears and last dinner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom