Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks:
5pm report:

Could it be that the NOAA guys are also kind of unhappy about how much work they are having to do with tropical weather so early in the season? I really do like the opening line though "GOOD LUCK FINDING A CENTER IN THE DEPRESSION THIS AFTERNOON." :wink:
I bet they love it.

I liked that too. The humor they sneak into these cracks me up sometimes. Avila does some of the best ones.

Without further adieu, welcome to the state Tropical Storm Emily! The 5 a.m. coordinates are 11.4N 48.6W - max winds 40kts, gusts to 50kts - moving west at 13kts

CBulla:
Without further adieu, welcome to the state Tropical Storm Emily! The 5 a.m. coordinates are 11.4N 48.6W - max winds 40kts, gusts to 50kts - moving west at 13kts
Why do I think this is a conspiracy to screw up my Honduras trip scheduled for Friday?
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Why do I think this is a conspiracy to screw up my Honduras trip scheduled for Friday?
Rick

I hope it works out for ya buddy, that lil place could you some of the positive presence you provide... trust the process and know what will occur is what was meant to be.

Looking at the track, and what is around, i am wondering if Emily will make as hard a turn as needed to hit the FL panhandle/LA/MS area. It looks like it might be coming in a little flatter on approach than Dennis (so far), maybe it'll go more towards Mexico or Southern TX? We'll have to see when it gets nearer Cuba i guess....

Personally, I don't like that they shifted the entire 5-day based on something that looks like a bobble. Only time will tell!

R

Rick Murchison:
Rick

Actually it's a conspriacy to screw up our trip to FL next week!!

Hope your trip works out as does ours.

this should mess up our family (of 12) vacation to Little Cayman. It bites -- we fly in to GC friday, LC sat, and Emily may hit on Sunday. Sooo, no airline refund or trip insurance for the flight there. We are, for the most part, northern land lubbers who are not familiar with the drill for hurricanes. Any advice? My heart goes out to the folks who will have to deal with the intensified hurricane seasons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom