Emergency Contacts on Your FL Drivers License

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speargirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
You can now go on line and enter 2 emergency contacts on your Florida Drivers License (electronically) which can only be retrieved by a police officer. This came about as a result of one woman's teenage daughter being in a car accident and taking over 5 hours to locate a family member. The police can run your License and get contact information ASAP!!!
https://www6.hsmv.state.fl.us/dlcheck/findcustomer

That's a great idea. Info there for EMS but not for John Doe. I wonder if other states are doing this. Would be great for my daughter but she has a Arkansas DL

Does Florida not have 9-1-1? That's who I would want the police to call if I were involved in some kind of emergency.

Why would the Police call 911?????? The information is on the Drivers And Vehicles Information Database (DAVID) and only Law Enforcement can access it through special computers. The informationisn't printed on the DL

Why would the Police call 911??????
To get someone who can help me in case of an emergency? Note - we're not talking about a doughnut emergency - but a real one - with blood and guts and stuff.

OK, I'm not understanding your question then. But, if you are involved in a crash involving injuries EMS, Fire & Police are all dispatched at the same time. Should the Police happen to get there first which happens occasionally they are First Responder Trained because of this. Which basic life support, the EMS would be there in a short period of time. Once they are on scene the officer would then access your information from his in car computer or the central dispatch will do it.

In other words....... No need for police to call 911

Then why would I need emergency numbers connected to my driver's license?

The EMERGENCY CONTACTS are other family or friends phone numbers who would have pertinent information about you, such as blood type or alergies when you are unable to speak for yourself......that's why.

Are you really not understanding this or just trying to get your post count up.

Back
Top Bottom