Emergency Contacts on Your FL Drivers License

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok...........John Doe is out walking his dog. A drunk driver swings over and runs over John Doe, but misses the dog. The unhurt dog runs home as fast as he can and waits at the door for John Doe. Now John Doe is laying on the side of the road hurt and unconscious. EMS comes and takes John to the hospital. John has no other ID on him but his FL drivers license. The police run his DL number and it gives them his sister as his emergency contact. They call his sister and tells her that John was found hurt on the side of the road unconscious, she ask them what happened to his dog, They say there was no dog. So she runs to Johns house and finds his dog sitting on the steps and really glad to see her. Now had John not had her info in his DL the dog could have had to sit on the step in th hot Florida sun for days before anyone knew to come check on him. Thats why you need emergency numbers connected to your drivers license.

ok...........John Doe is out walking his dog. A drunk driver swings over and runs over John Doe, but misses the dog. The unhurt dog runs home as fast as he can and waits at the door for John Doe. Now John Doe is laying on the side of the road hurt and unconscious. EMS comes and takes John to the hospital. John has no other ID on him but his FL drivers license. The police run his DL number and it gives them his sister as his emergency contact. They call his sister and tells her that John was found hurt on the side of the road unconscious, she ask them what happened to his dog, They say there was no dog. So she runs to Johns house and finds his dog sitting on the steps and really glad to see her. Now had John not had her info in his DL the dog could have had to sit on the step in th hot Florida sun for days before anyone knew to come check on him. Thats why you need emergency numbers connected to your drivers license.

Nice Scenerio numberfive......thanks. Maybe the dog lovers will now understand the importance:wink:

The EMERGENCY CONTACTS are other family or friends phone numbers who would have pertinent information about you, such as blood type or alergies when you are unable to speak for yourself......that's why.
If the hospital is unable to determine my blood type, then I think I want to be transferrred to another hospital (and it's not like my wife would know). And I don't have any allergies.

ok...........John Doe is out walking his dog. A drunk driver swings over and runs over John Doe, but misses the dog. The unhurt dog runs home as fast as he can and waits at the door for John Doe. Now John Doe is laying on the side of the road hurt and unconscious. EMS comes and takes John to the hospital. John has no other ID on him but his FL drivers license. The police run his DL number and it gives them his sister as his emergency contact.
I haven't seen my sister in at least 10 years.

They call his sister and tells her that John was found hurt on the side of the road unconscious, she ask them what happened to his dog, They say there was no dog. So she runs to Johns house and finds his dog sitting on the steps and really glad to see her.
That's nice....I guess.

Now had John not had her info in his DL the dog could have had to sit on the step in th hot Florida sun for days before anyone knew to come check on him. Thats why you need emergency numbers connected to your drivers license.
If the dog is too stupid to go find some water, I'd want a new dog.

Whatever...... You win, I know you're not that stupid. This thread should end right here. I'm not letting you rack up more pointless posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom