embarrassingly dumb question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booga_roo

Reaction score
Ok, I have a dumber than dumb question to ask. I realise it dumb but here goes (Oh the embarrassment)

I have a small strobe/torch which I bought about 2 days ago. I don't want to put it in my BC pocket as there is already enough crap in there and if I have to use it I don't want to have to hold it. Any suggestions on where and HOW to attach it to my BC

Thanks

Booga:bonk:

The right answer is to get pockets installed on the thighs of your suit, and use these for storing all your stuff.

The second answer is to get rid of some of the junk in your BC.

The third answer is to clip it off to a shoulder D-Ring and then bungee/innertube it down to the shoulder strap if posible. That way its easily accessable and not dangling around.

This is actually an idea that I've "stolen" from NetDoc -- I guess he's not just a pretty face hehehe.

In your BC pocket connect a ring of some nature, then to the ring tether with a short line and clip, all your bits and pieces that you want in your pocket. That way your stuff is tucked away, but if you go in for one item, you won't loose anything else as they're all connected to the ring.

Does it need to be on your BC?

if I have to use it I don't want to have to hold it

I would suggest you try to get some straps to clip it onto your mask strap. That way it's out of the way plus when it's on it's hands free, as well as putting the light where you are looking.

Maybe you could use velco to wrap around the flashlight and the mask strap. Just an Idea. :idea:

I think the Mini Q40 light comes with straps that attach to the mask.

Best of luck.

Some people I dived with have attached strobe lights to their bcd's, there doesn't seem much point in putting a stobe light in a pocket. I wonder if you made it positive buoyant with some foam, you could tie a string to it and have it shine above you.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom