EM-5 Nauticam Travel Rigs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

any pics of this setup?

I use a ThinkTank airport roll-on bag and a ThinkTank shoulder bag that will slide over the handle on the roller board bag. Both will fit in the overhead compartment and I have carried as many as two NA-EM5 housings and a Nauticam compact housing with domes up to 170mm, four Inon Z-240 strobes, and all camera and lenses as well as my ring-flash and much more. I put trays and strobe arms into checked baggage because they seem to peek the interest of the TSA more than the other stuff does.

Phil Rudin

I second that pic request :D

I use older style ThinkTank carry-on bags much like the attachments. Not cheap but I have gotten years of use out of both. The shoulder bag slides over the handle on the roller-bag so you can roll everything without hanging a heavy bag on your shoulder all of the time. You can find pages of photos on the internet showing the bag in use. I use a plastic 3.5 qt. tupperware box for the ZEN Underwater 170mm optical glass dome port when I travel. I can stand the box on its side in the rollercase so that it takes up much less space and is still well protected. You can find more information on the in a back issue of UWPMAG.com.

When I teach workshops out of the country I am able to fit two mirrorless systems and one impact system into the roll-on without needing to carry the cameras inside the housings, a NO NO in my view.

Phil Rudin

Airport International? V 2.0 Roller Camera Bag - Think Tank

Urban Disguise 40 V2.0

So I went out and picked up the think tank bag. While pricey it is nice. I got the low divider set too.

Here I have:
Nauticam housing .
Dome port, 60mm port. Lenses. 2 strobes. Regulator. Dive computer. Arms and trays and floats. And my mask.

Also fits my kindle, micro fibre towel, and Mac book air.

avubadeb.jpg

Thats the idea and you will learn how to get much more stuff in there. I stand the strobes up to make more space, I also remove the fiber optic cords and put them in a plastic zip lock bag which I put on top before I close the bag. I also wrap camera and lenses a zip bag and then pad with bubble wrap. Strobe arms, wires like battery charger cords and others seem to set off the TSA so I pack all cored and wires, chargers, lap top wires, Etc. in a clear zipper bag I can just pull out for inspection. Arms that look like pipe bombs to some screeners go into checked luggage which often seems to be opened. I also arrive early because it is almost a given that the carry-on bags will be inspected.

Cool thanks for the input. Reg seems to be the biggest pain. Also can I take a regular back pack with me as my "laptop" bag. Right now I don't need the room. It you never know. I am packing a 24pack soft side cooler in my checked bag to transfer my rig to and from the boat.

---------- Post added November 18th, 2013 at 07:54 PM ----------

Btw just found out there is a $100 rebate on all the roller bags!

Overall I think this bag is a winner.

I just picked up the Nauticam 36323 handstrap for my NA EM5 but I can't work out how it fits to the pin at the bottom of the housing. Surely the pin doesn't need to be driven out! Advice please

I just picked up the Nauticam 36323 handstrap for my NA EM5 but I can't work out how it fits to the pin at the bottom of the housing. Surely the pin doesn't need to be driven out! Advice please

That pin has a tiny hex head on it and you can screw it out.

You should have gotten a set of alan wrenches with the housing in a green holder. The smallest one is used to remove and reinstall the pin through the loop on the wrist strap.

You should have gotten a set of alan wrenches with the housing in a green holder. The smallest one is used to remove and reinstall the pin through the loop on the wrist strap.

Thank you Phil and Watboy. All done. My eye sight isn't as keen as it once was!!

Back
Top Bottom