Elphinstone - what is it like in late october?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about swimming in the videos I see people swimming individually with lots of space between them, not caring much about staying together. On another thread I read swimming is single file and when you are last you have an uneasy feeling.

Don’t do that. You can see in my video that the shark got curious to him & he turned around and look at the shark just in time to make the shark turn away from him. You need to keep your eyes on them, otherwise this what would happen to you (see the video, below).

Puh... Check with your dive shop if they have this trip available. I don't think so as it's a long, long way... 230 km approx. That's nothing you will do with a zodiac or one of the regular dive boat.
I thought James & Mac are doing this but from their website they are only going as far as Panorama Reef / a bit south of Safaga. Even Orca Dive in Somabay does not offer that site because it's to far away.
Other offers on the web are taking the divers by car down south (to Abu Dabbab or nearby ???) and then with a 20 min Zodiac ride to Elphinstone.
If Elphinstone is a must, i would stay somewhere nearby, Abu Dabbad area, e.g. Marsa Shagra.
If it has to be Hurghada, i would focus on the remote spots and on the wrecks in that area.

Don’t do that. You can see in my video that the shark got curious to him & he turned around and look at the shark just in time to make the shark turn away from him. You need to keep your eyes on them, otherwise this what would happen to you (see the video, below).

Ouch! That's scary...

I will be at hurghada. I think Elphinestone is reachable from there by boat? Or is another reef better?
I went there on Red Sea Aggressor with BDE (Brothers Daedalus Elphinstone) route.

I will be at hurghada. I think Elphinestone is reachable from there by boat? Or is another reef better?

Hurghada is very resort and mostly day sites with some dolphins. Nothing else really.

I would go liveaboard if you seek currents sweeping you directly into jaws 😝

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom