Elesium Dive Club Rates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Alex asked me to post his local dive club rates.

300/ month unlimited diving

1600/ 6 months

3000/ year

He requestes a Hawaii Driver's Liscense for his Kama'aina rates.

He has been struggling for what to do regarding local divers for some time. Problems include people booking more seats than they show up for, etc. He is hoping to provide us the opportunity to dive at great rates without having to spend too much time with bookeeping and transactions. (space and weather permitting)

The 300/ month unlimited diving might appeal to some serious divers, especially considering he does a very popular three tank dive day every weekend. Only divers who are able to function independently and handle their profiles safely should consider this option.

I love diving with these guys--they are open to exploring new sites, make good weather calls, etc. The regular captain, Chris, is a former Navy slavage diver and from Florida, and really knows his stuff. (I care a lot who the captain is, on a dive boat)

aloha

DSC_0094.jpg

Thats intresting but I dont think many will go for it.

yea, especially people with boat friends and free charters. :wink:

But, thanks for sharing.

seriously...we have a boat, and I think we might do a month for some serious wreck photography once this weather clears. I love showing up and having my tank waiting and Chris at the helm. For me..it's delux, safe, on time. I have been diving on that boat for almost 5 years and it's my favorite, most of the time. For that side...

When JB deploys, I know I will be diving on the Elesium.

Thats intresting but I dont think many will go for it.

I am sure he doesn't want "many" going for it.

He is getting lots of high end retail these days. He just wants locals to be able to dive at cost, IF they want to. Believe me, 300 a month unlimited is not a big cash cow for him.

And remember, he is the guy that has let us book 40 dollar a head charters for SB.

Who else does that for us? Nobody. Other people book charters and want us to pay 100, so they can go for free.

This is a guy that let us take his new boat to Maui with a captain (a great one) who had never gone interisland. Also, he has set quite a few of those moorings with his own money, with the help of local divers.

BTW, who do YOU like?

I like Joey and the Nori Z too....you can book direct with Joey too. That's a good deal for locals.

I like Alex, he's a jackass so we get along OK. I love the boat and Chris is top notch too. I just dont see me anyway doing that much diving. It's a good deal for someone who does dive all the time. How about a weekly rate too?

So..why don't you think it will work? because people won't pay 300/ month to dive every weekend?

lol, I can't drive the Shark's cove for that, with gas and all. And we know you aren't gonna want to carry my crap up that muddy hill.

I am not sure I could run my own boat for 300/month.

No weekly rate, I don't think. Like I said, he isn't looking to make money on this, probably hopes that people that think that's too much just drive on out to Electric Beach.

After hauling fuel, gear, boat maintenance, diving the mooring ball, NOBODY TO HAND ME STUFF, I am looking forward to diving commercial a little. March/April are often our best months. South swell hasn't effected viz much yet, whales still lingering around, weather settles down. I am jonesing for some wreck photography with the new D-200 and the fish eye I have not used once.

I haul peoples gear up that muddy hill all the time...No doubt, it's a good deal IF your gonna dive that much....BTW, Im ready for winter to be over. This weather sucks! So Im off to someplace warm where I get paid to dive.

Vieques?

YOU need a scooter, not a dive club, gypsy diver.

Kathy and I will be boat-widows.

Celebra....I got the boat to Iriq. last night so it's nice and safe and she can sand to her hearts content! LOL Whens JB leaving?

Is he still doing $40/head for Kama'aina?

He does club prices, I think the $40 was a one time SB deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom