Electronic certification proof

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one time I forgot my card, and the dive op tried to look me up on PADI's system, the system was down.
Is there a little black cloud that follows you around? :)

Is there a little black cloud that follows you around? :)

Ha ha. Fortunately it wasn't a boat dive. We just hung around the shop for a half hour, while the guy kept trying the system, and it came back up. That was five or six years ago, and resulted in me obsessively checking to make sure my c-card is with me on dive trips. I am really cautious about relying on on-line systems or a picture on my phone or anything else electronic to satisfy a dive op's requirement to see my c-card.

I have mine saved as photos and PDF files on my iPhone and in the cloud (Dropbox), that way I can access whenever I want. But as far as carrying all your cards I see no need for anything but your highest and nitrox if you plan on diving nitrox.
There is also an app available for the iPhone called Genius Scan that I store many documents and image files on and that has come in handy as well.

Usually my original card and nitrox is all I ever need. I use the original NAUI card because it's always fun to watch the reaction to the issue date of 1966.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom