Electricity rates in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's some alternative things on the Big Island and would seem to be good opportunities for a lot of that there. There's fair amount of geothermal, and that big wind farm at the southern end of the island (though I don't know what percentage that provides or if there''s any others.) There's that experimental station on the Kona doing the ocean thermal thing. Seems I've read of some other stuff.

Hello,

I saw this thread and wanted to reply with a question or two to the group.

I am about to introduce some very efficient vertical axis wind turbines (VAWT) that can range in 5kw to 100kw sizes. these can fit on the roof of a house or hotel and spin sideways. they have no propellors. they look more like air conditioning handling units and very quiet as well as safe for birds and bats.

the payback will be quick in the islands given your high electricity rates.

Do you know people and businesses who would consider installing these at their homes, offices, or hotels?

Do you know qualified HVAC / electrical contractors I could work with to install and service these wind turbines?

If so, please contact me at robert.hibschweiler@verizon.net for more information.

Last edited:
Come on over to St. Vincent... our oil surcharge is completely insane!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom