Electric Beach.. Tako, Honu, Cowrie, and Six Sharks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VBlueV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In front of Electric Beach.. my new bud Lauren, DaveB (bcyber), and Lonnie..

eLauren-DaveB-Lonnie_2.jpg

Some awesome dives this weekend.. excellent viz all around the pipes.. and tons-o-fish!

Including a total of six White Tip Reef Sharks in caves both South and North of the pipes!

and of course..

Tako.. saw a bunch of baby ones..
eTako_1.jpg

Honu.. lots.. big and small.. this one tried to ram me..
eHonu_2.jpg

and.. a couple large Humpback Cowrie Shells directly in front of the pipes..
eCowrie_1.jpg

And who said you can't dive when the wind is 30+ !? :)

Someone needed to educate the 2 girls that almost got swept out to sea though...I will post a pic of them...they were about 3/4 miles out when the fire department, rescue jet ski, and helicopter showed up! Just wish the boats surrounding them were paying attention and picked them up before it all went down.

lies all lies everyone knows theres no chance of having a fun dive on oahu. glad to hear you had a good time or was it a great time? come on tell us how you really feel.and would you refer a friend to oahu for diving?

E-beach is always a great dive, but this one was an awesome dive. Weather forecasters missed it by a long shot. It was flat with outstanding vis. Check it out below! Rest of my pics are at SugarSync - Thumbnail View

Totally awesome vis by the electric plant outlet pipes
47536310384_n_0_1272x691.jpg

There were a couple of fish there too
47536314482_n_0_1272x691.jpg

Here are the pipes
47536319039_n_0_1272x691.jpg

And there were nudibranchs
47536330013_n_0_1272x691.jpg

And an overhang filled with some very large fish (aka White-tip Reef Sharks)
47536331221_n_0_1272x691.jpg

Plus, a loner that didn't want to hang with the crowd
47536332630_n_0_1272x691.jpg

very nice Lonnie!

your camera really shows the depth-of-field and captured the incredible visibility.

too bad Dave and Lauren didn't ride the warm current coming out of the pipes..
it's an awesome ride! (just remember to let all the air out of your BC first)
maybe next time :wink:

that first pic is "kahe point" why suddenly does everyone call that electric beach? electric beach is the "beach" that is inside the fenced area for use by the HECO employees (sorry if this sounds anal but just like surf spots most of them really already have a name)

1. too many spots here start with "K".. i'm too slow to discern the difference.

2. compared to the north-shore spots: three-tables, fire-house, and sharks-cove..
which have distinct entry points.
kahe point/E-beach really only has one..
near "electric-beach"..
and, after you've actually entered the water and start kicking toward the end of the pipes..
you're more in front of/perpendicular to electric-beach than kahe point.. at least for navigation.
(yes, me and Lonnie have entered past the far south-end of the parking lot..
however, the entry was not readily obvious nor relatively easy)

that first pic is "kahe point" why suddenly does everyone
call that electric beach?..
3. "suddenly"? hmm.. while i'm not a local by any stretch..
for over four years.. the four dive shops i've dove with all refer to this dive-site as E-beach. (refer to 1)
maybe because.. it's directly in front of the electric-plant across the road? again, another nav fix.
:wink:

that first pic is "kahe point" why suddenly does everyone call that electric beach? electric beach is the "beach" that is inside the fenced area for use by the HECO employees (sorry if this sounds anal but just like surf spots most of them really already have a name)

I agree Scotty,
I learned early that if you respect the local names whether geographically accurate or not, you will in turn be more respected. Although I still struggle with the correct names around Pupukea.

I was taught Kahe pt, and I tell everyone...."it's Kahe Point...call it Electric Beach if want to sound like a haole"

...and thats pretty funny comin from a haole

:)

Great pix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom